Large bundle of History Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic 20th Century Medicine. This History unit contains 7 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this history bundle are:
Lesson 1 Progress in 1900s.ppt
Lesson 2 Fleming Penicillin.ppt
Lesson 3 Magic Bullets.ppt
Lesson 4 NHS.ppt
Lesson 5 Impact of NHS.ppt
Lesson 6 Government Lifestyle Campaigns.ppt
Lesson 7 Lung Cancer.ppt
The history learning outcomes are:
- Explain how understanding of the causes of disease and illness was different in c1750 from the present day.
- Explain who was more significant: Fleming or Florey & Chain?
- Why was it so difficult to make artificial antibodies for illnesses?
- Explain why there was so much opposition to the NHS.
- Explain the most significant impact of the introduction of the NHS.
- What has the government done to improve the health of the people today?
- How has the government reduced the impact that Lung Cancer is having on the population.
The history key terms covered include but are not limited to:
Lifestyle Inactivity Health
Breakthrough Technology Progress
Liberal NHS Opinions
Implement Healthcare Equal
Intervene Responsibility Health
Terminal Disease Cancer