Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Buddhism Explored. This RE unit contains 7 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
Buddhism quiz + assessment
How are Buddhists beliefs expressed in art and statues
How should a Buddhist live
What is a Buddhists ultimate goal
What is life like for a Buddhist Monk or Nun
What is the Buddhist Community
What is true enlightenment
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To understand what Buddhists believe about enlightenment and Nirvana.
- to be able to label different Buddha statues and explain what they symbolise.
- To be able to explain what the teachings of the Buddha were and how that influences Buddhists today, what they believe and how they should live.
- To be able to understand Buddhist beliefs what their goal in life is. To be able to explain beliefs about Samsara, Karma and Nirvana.
- To learn about the life of a Buddhist monk/nun and to reflect of the discipline it takes to be a monk/nun.
- To be able to describe the Buddhist community, to be able to evaluate how important communities are.
- To be able to explain the 3 universal truths about our existence.
- To be able to explain in more depth what happens when someone reaches enlightenment and nirvana.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Nirvana, Enlightenment, Meditation
Expression, Art, Statues
Noble Truths, Dukkha, Dharma
Buddha, Buddhists, Noble Truths
Sangha, Monk, Nun
Monks, Nuns, Monastic, Lay
3 Universal Truths, Enlightenment, Samsara, Nirvana
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)