Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Buddhism. This RE unit contains 8 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. What is Buddhism
2. Why is the Buddha important
3. How is the Buddha like a doctor
4. What is the path to enlightenment
5. How do Buddhists practice worship in their daily lives
6. Why and how do Buddhists celebrate Wesak
7. A Day in the Life of a Buddhist Monk
8. What is a Buddhists ultimate goal
The RE learning outcomes are:
- Explain what the story of the Siddhartha teaches Buddhists about life.
- To know how Siddhartha became enlightened.
- Explain how the Buddha is like a doctor.
- To know and understand the eight instructions that the Buddha gave to help people reach enlightenment and escape suffering.
- To write a guide to meditation for a Buddhist wanting to find our more about it.
- Explain how and why Buddhists celebrate Wesak
- To learn about the life of a Buddhist monk/nun and to reflect of the discipline it takes to be a monk/nun.
- To understand what a Buddhists ultimate goal in life is and what it is like.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Renounce, Life, Spirituality
Eightfold Path, Enlightenment
Meditation, Focus, Calm
Wesak, Celebrate, Festival
Dhamma, Monks, Nuns
Goal, Meditation, Ultimate
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)