Campaigning against FGM – PSHE .This cultural practice is explored with KS4 students looking at how to tackle the the social and economic issues linked with FGM. PSHE Relationships Education . PSHE (RSE) Lesson Pack. RSE Editable PowerPoint, Lesson Assessment, Student Resources, Signposting to extra support services. Bonus Mindfulness Activity and much more.
To understand what FGM is and to know that FGM is illegal and where you can go for help and support
To explore the social and economic excuses used by people to encourage FGM
To evaluate the best way to campaign against FGM practices here in the UK and Abroad
Some Key Terms Covered
Social, Economic, Financial, Illegality, Culture, Elders, Mutilation, Infertility, Preventable
PSHE Confidence (Assessment) Objectives
I understand the dangers associated with FGM
I can explain the economic and social excuses made for committing FGM
I know how to support someone at risk of FGM
Positive Sexual Health underpin this lesson.
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s)
- Mindfulness Extension Activities
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Mapped against Latest DfE Guidance, PSHE Association Core themes and 2020 Requirements
The Cre8tive Curriculum way!
Our shared vision at Cre8tive Curriculum is to help teachers to equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their own learning and become independent critical thinkers. Products come ‘Ready-to-Teach’ with everything you need for educational, fun and creative lessons.
Be Ofsted and DfE PSHE 2020 ready with our resources! Product Code: RSE/C8/LS/117