Two Enterprise Drop Down Days for Secondary Students aged 11 – 18.
- Day 1 – The Tyre Challenge
- Day 2 – My Community Project
Enterprise Day Summary
The enterprise days are designed to make running an in-house 5 Hour enterprise day as easy as possible. Simply download the resource, distribute the materials and start delivering an engaging enterprise day for students in KS3 and/or KS4. This has been tested on groups of over 1,000 students in a single day with no preparation from teachers and worked well! This is a great way to engage staff and students in careers in a way that is not overly time consuming in terms of planning and preparing. We hope you love our enterprise day experiences!
Each enterprise day is designed to help students to work collaboratively on a group project. The days have been set out to make it as easy as possible for you to run.
The aim of each day is to develop in students a number of key skills relating to careers and enterprise. The day will involve students setting up their own social enterprise which will help to try and solve a problem in one part of the world whilst also helping to support and find a solution for those in another… Each Enterprise day has clear links to Business, Citizenship. Maths, Geography, English & PSHE.
What is included in each Enterprise Day?
- CHALLENGE Leaders booklet
- CHALLENGE Teachers booklet (Editable format)
- CHALLENGE Teachers booklet (PDF format)
- CHALLENGE Student booklet (27 pages)
- CHALLENGE Checklist
- CHALLENGE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION SLIDES
- CHALLENGE VIDEO SET FOR THE DAY
- Student Evaluation Forms for each day
Licence to use each resource as many times as you like year after year! (Same establishment/school only)
How to run an enterprise day?
Teachers will use the teacher slides you send them to play the videos introducing each element of the day. Teachers will watch the videos alongside their class, it should then be easy for them to support each activity.
Each day is designed to be run in classrooms and students should be based in one classroom throughout the day. You could consider changing this to incorporate a briefing and some presentations in a main hall or shared space if you wanted to, for this you would have to work out a way to determine which teams present.
Each slide will have the time needed for the activity and what period/lesson this will be in. Once your tutor group have completed the activity, move onto the next slide, play the next video and help to facilitate each activity as appropriate. The activities are designed for students to be able to work through without a lot of teacher input. Teachers may need to support and encourage students to stay on task.
How do I know this MYPATH drop down enterprise day is right for my school?
We do hope that our enterprise days will save you lots of hours in preparation and planning time.
But of course, don’t just take our word for it… please read the reviews left by other schools, leaders, and teachers who have used our resources
We are also more than happy to send you sample planning materials (We now work with over 500+ schools across the UK).
What do teachers and Careers leaders say about our Enterprise Days?
“Thank you to MYPATH careers for their Enterprise Day. 4 year groups involved. Teachers and students loved it. One teacher said ‘I KNOW I can be very critical, but this was a well planned and easy to deliver careers event … more of these please”
“I tentatively went round to see how groups were getting on! It was a hit!! So relieved and the students had a great day too!”
“Our students loved the Tyre Challenge day. Really easy to facilitate. Don’t need loads of resources. Students loved the team working and problem solving and definitely built confidence with the presenting”
Which payment methods do you accept?
- School purchase orders (simply email your purchase order to: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can generate the necessary forms for your Finance team)
- Cheques – Make payable to Cre8tive Resources CIC
- Debit, credit or Paypal payments via this website page!
Please download the information you need to complete a school purchase order below
For any queries or bespoke requirements, feel free to drop us an email or call us on +447591810146 and we will be more than happy to talk to you.
How do I receive my resources?
- Once you have paid you will be provided with a direct download link or you can request for the files to be emailed to you.
- Finance – At checkout in the notes section please leave the TEACHER EMAIL ADDRESS for delivery
Why should I buy this resource?
- Save money – The price of having external organisations in to school can be huge. This drop down day is available for just £125+ VAT
- Use the resource, time and time again – As you are purchasing the resource, you can use this moving forward as many times as you want!
- Can be led by non-careers specialist staff – As all activities are introduced by video, you can use non careers specialists to deliver the day!
- Save time planning – Everything is ready to go, simply download the files, print the booklets, distribute to staff alongside the slideshow of videos and hit play.
- Support the MYPATH careers channel – Many schools, colleges and training providers are accessing the MYPATH YouTube channel weekly, this includes free videos such as Job Of The Week, The Why Bother? BM4 resource and more. By purchasing this resource, you are contributing to this resource!
- Engage Students – Lots of students thrive in enterprise day settings, give your students the chance to shine.
- Evaluate your activity – included in this resource is a handy evaluations heet that can be printed and given to students. Ensure you are evaluating the day and contributing to BM1!
- We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. We re-invest our profits in supporting SEMH, PRU’s, NQT’s and continually expanding our product range.
- The CEO of Cre8tive Resources is a leading PSHE, Careers and Citizenship Teacherpreneur with over 10 years’ of experience in the classroom, and a proven track record outside the classroom
This product will only be allowed to be used by yourself and teachers within your school and under no circumstances should be shared/ copied to others and should not be uploaded to any public shared drives or Facebook Groups.