Fake news and Media literacy. Careers + PSHE Lesson designed by a L6 Qualified Careers Guidance Leader. Editable 15+ slide PowerPoint Lesson. Lesson includes: Lesson Assessment, Student Resources, Signposting to extra support services. Bonus Homework Activity and links to our videos and much more.
To understand what Media Literacy is, particularly Critical Media Literacy.
To understand and be able to identify fake news.
To be able to evaluate a media source.
Some Key Terms Covered
Fake news, media literacy, source, Conspiracy, Critical literacy
I know what critical media literacy is.
I can consider whether or not information is fake news.
I can evaluate a media source.
Skills Builder Framework
Problem Solving & Staying Positive
See the Bigger Picture
Be Ofsted and DfE compliant with our resources!
Product Code: 1918689858
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity