FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) and the Law. Relationships Education. PSHE 2020 (PSHE) FGM Lesson Pack. FGM Editable PowerPoint, Lesson Assessment, Student Resources, Signposting to extra support services. Bonus Mindfulness Activity and much more.
To revise the different parts of the female reproductive organs
To understand what FGM is and to know that FGM is illegal
To know where you can go for help and support if you know someone at risk of FGM
Some Key Terms Covered
Uterus, Clitoris, Vulva, Consent, Genitals, Hood, mutilation, Cultural, Illegal, Criminal
PSHE Confidence (Assessment) Objectives
I can identify and label all the external parts of the female sexual anatomy
I understand the law regarding FGM in the UK
I understand the dangers associated with FGM and know where to seek help and support
This lesson is also about respecting others’ right not give consent to engage in different activities and about the law in relation to consent and that certain things like FGM cannot be consented to and are against the law in the UK.
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s)
- Mindfulness Extension Activities
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Mapped against Latest DfE Guidance, PSHE Association Core themes and 2020 Requirements
The Cre8tive Curriculum way!
Our shared vision at Cre8tive Curriculum is to help teachers to equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their own learning and become independent critical thinkers. Products come ‘Ready-to-Teach’ with everything you need for educational, fun and creative lessons.
Be Ofsted and DfE PSHE 2020 ready with our resources! Product Code: RSE/C8/LS/103