Food Challenge 5 Hour Enterprise/PSHE Drop Down Day for Secondary Students aged 10 – 14 (Upper KS2 and KS3 Students).
Food Challenge Summary
In the UK, 9.5 Million Tonnes of food are wasted every year. This enterprise challenge day is designed to get your students to consider food waste, food poverty and to consider solutions as to how they can impact this ongoing issue! Students will work in small teams to learn about the topic and to consider their solutions. This may come up with a campaign, develop a new product that uses commonly wasted foods or come up with initiatives to reduce food waste or assist with food distribution.
The day is video led meaning your teaching staff have no need to spend valuable time planning. They are only needed to ensure students are on task and behaving throughout the day!Challenge days offer students the chance to link a range of curriculum areas to careers, and real-life applications whilst also developing soft skills such as teamwork, leadership, creativity, project management, public speaking and more. Running a challenge day like this contributes to achieving GATSBY BENCHMARK 4.
This challenge day also gets students to consider the range of roles that link to the food industry. Allowing you to work towards achieving GATSBY BENCHMARK 2.
Allowing students to work in teams and identify their strengths and weaknesses means that students are beginning to understand their roles and responsibilities and how they can work most effectively. This element of the day helps you to work towards achieving GATSBY BENCHMARK 3.
We will also donate 10% of all profits from the sale of this day to a local food charity/food bank/Homeless charity to help fund food parcels.
What is included in this Enterprise/PSHE Day?
- FOOD CHALLENGE Leaders booklet
- FOOD CHALLENGE Teachers booklet (Editable format)
- FOOD CHALLENGE Teachers booklet (PDF format)
- FOOD CHALLENGE Student booklet (27 pages)
- FOOD CHALLENGE SOW
- FOOD CHALLENGE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION SLIDES
- FOOD CHALLENGE VIDEO SET FOR THE DAY
- Food Challenge Student Evaluation Form
- Upon Special Request – Google Slides Version with embedded videos
Licence to use this resource as many times as you like year after year! (Same establishment/school only)
How to run the day?
Teachers will use the teacher slides you send them to play the videos introducing each element of the day. Teachers will watch the videos alongside their class, it should then be easy for them to support each activity.
The entire day is designed to be ran in classrooms and students should be based in one classroom throughout the day. You could consider changing this to incorporate a briefing and some presentations in a main hall or shared space if you wanted to, for this you would have to work out a way to determine which teams present.
Each slide will have the time needed for the activity and what period/lesson this will be in. Once your tutor group have completed the activity, move onto the next slide, play the next video and help to facilitate each activity as appropriate. The activities are designed for students to be able to work through without a lot of teacher input. Teachers may need to support and encourage students to stay on task.
How do I know this MYPATH drop down enterprise day is right for my school?
We do hope that our enterprise days will save you lots of hours in preparation and planning time.
But of course, don’t just take our word for it… please read the reviews left by other schools, leaders, and teachers who have used our resources
We are also more than happy to send you sample planning materials (We now work with over 800+ schools across the UK).
What do teachers and Careers leaders say about our Enterprise Days?
“Thank you to MYPATH careers for their Enterprise Day. We had four year groups involved. Teachers and students loved it. One teacher said ‘I KNOW I can be very critical, but this was a well planned and easy to deliver careers event … more of these please”
“I tentatively went round to see how groups were getting on! It was a hit!! So relieved and the students had a great day too!”
“Our students loved the Tyre Challenge day. Really easy to facilitate. Don’t need loads of resources. Students loved the team working and problem solving and definitely built confidence with the presenting”
Which payment methods do you accept?
- School purchase orders (simply email your purchase order to: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can generate the necessary forms for your Finance team)
- Cheques – Make payable to Cre8tive Resources CIC
- Debit, credit or Paypal payments via this website page!
Please download the information you need to complete a school purchase order below
For any queries or bespoke requirements, feel free to drop us an email or call us on +447591810146 and we will be more than happy to talk to you.
How do I receive my resources?
- Once you have paid you will be provided with a direct download link or you can request for the files to be emailed to you.
- Finance – At checkout in the notes section please leave the TEACHER EMAIL ADDRESS for delivery
Why should I buy this resource?
- Save money – The price of having external organisations in to school can be huge. This drop down day is available for just £150+ VAT
- Use the resource, time and time again – As you are purchasing the resource, you can use this moving forward as many times as you want!
- A 10% donation of all profits from the sale of this day will go to a local food charity/food bank/Homeless charity to help fund food parcels.
- Save time planning – Everything is ready to go, simply download the files, print the booklets, distribute to staff alongside the slideshow of videos and hit play.
- Support the MYPATH careers channel – Many schools, colleges and training providers are accessing the MYPATH YouTube channel weekly, this includes free videos such as Job Of The Week, The Why Bother? BM4 resource and more. By purchasing this resource, you are contributing to this resource!
- Engage Students – Lots of students thrive in enterprise day settings, give your students the chance to shine.
- Evaluate your activity – included in this resource is a handy evaluations sheet that can be printed and given to students. Ensure you are evaluating the day and contributing to BM 4 & 2
- We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. We re-invest our profits in supporting SEMH, PRU’s, NQT’s and continually expanding our product range.
- The CEO of Cre8tive Resources is a leading PSHE, Careers and Citizenship Teacherpreneur with over 10 years’ of experience in the classroom, and a proven track record outside the classroom
This product will only be allowed to be used by yourself and teachers within your school and under no circumstances should be shared/ copied to others and should not be uploaded to any public shared drives or Facebook Groups.