Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic GCSE – Human Rights. This RE unit contains 14 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. Is everyone equal
2. What do Christians believe about equality
3. What do Muslims believe about equality
4. Who has fought for social justice
5. When has personal conviction conflicted with the law
7. Should everyone obey the laws of a country
8. Should people be free to say what they want
9. What is extremism
10. Can money bring happiness
11. What do Christians believe about wealth and poverty
12. What do Muslims believe about wealth and poverty
13. Is it morally right to be rich
14. ‘Money is the most important thing in life’
15. Religious Charities
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To understand what the Human Rights are and why they are important.
- To describe what Christians believe about Equality.
- To describe what Muslims believe about Equality.
- Describe someone you have studied who has fought for social justice.
- List the things that MLK Jr did for equality? What was his approach to fighting for social justice?
- List the things that Oscar Romero did for social justice.
- Explore the pros and cons of free speech
- To understand what extremism is and what it might look like in our society.
- Does money bring happiness?
- To explain what Christians believe about wealth.
- To describe what Muslims believe about wealth.
- Plan your response to: Is it moral to be rich?
- To be able to explain Muslim beliefs about poverty using Muslim beliefs and teachings to develop my exam answers.
- To describe the work of a religious charity you have studied.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Equality, Human Rights
Social Justice, Martin Luther King
Personal Conviction, Equality
Obey, Law, Justice System
Freedom of Speech, Censorship
Absolute Poverty, Relative Poverty
Islam, Wealth, Poverty
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)