Green Jobs + Green Economy + Climate Change – Green Careers Unit – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 8 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
8 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x How has Covid Changed the World Assembly
1 x Stem Careers Posters (Set of 8)
1 x Great Thunberg Assembly
1 x World Issues and Environment Quiz
1 x Going for a walk session
- Recycling in the home and at school
- What is the climate emergency (Links with Greta and David Attenborough)
- How the world/ business/ schools/you can enhance climate resilience and enhance biodiversity.
- Cop 26 Summit – what was is all about
- Recycling in Society by Businesses
- UN sustainable Development Goals
- Green Skills and Careers
- Green Jobs and the Green Economy
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
To understand what green careers are. To consider how this effects the national and global economy. To consider how we can prepare for the changes green careers will present. To understand what green skills and careers are. To consider why there is an emphasis on Green skills and careers at the moment. To consider how we can develop these skills.
To understand what we mean by a “sustainable development goal”. To understand what makes a goal sustainable and Unsustainable. To think about what progress has been made.
To understand the importance of COP 26. To consider what might be discussed and why it is helpful. To think about what impact the decisions made at COP 26 have on the public.
Understand business recycling laws Understand how businesses can be more ethical Understand how positive business behaviour benefits society
“I understand why climate resilience and biodiversity is important for the world. I can consider what businesses can do to support this. I understand what my school and I can do to support this.
To understand what we mean by climate emergency. To recognise the importance of making positive change. To form an opinion on this topic and be able to discuss this.
Understand what and how to recycle as an individual Understand how schools can recycle Identify ways to recycle more as an individual and as a school