Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Islam. This RE unit contains 9 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. What is Islam
2. Why is Muhammad important
3. How do Muslims understand God
4. Where did the Qur’an come from and what is in it
5. What are the 5 Pillars of Islam
6. Why and how do Muslims worship
7. What is Hajj and why is it important
8. What is a Mosque
9. What is the problem of Islamophobia
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To understand the origins and structure of Islam
- Explain why the Prophet Muhammad is important to Muslims.
- Why do you think Muslims believe it is wrong to draw pictures of Allah?
- To answer what, why and how questions about the Holy Qur’an.
- Describe why the 5 Pillars are important to Muslims.
- To write a guide for a group of Year 7’s going to a Mosque to watch prayer.
- To investigate the purpose of pilgrimage ‘so that’ we understand why it is important for a religious believer.
- To be able to evaluate why Muslims use a Mosque and how it impacts their worship.
- What is the best way to tackle Islamophobia and get community cohesion?
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Prophet Muhammad, Night of Power
Allah, Shahadah, God
Revelation, Recite, Qur’an
Duty, Pillar, Shahadah
Prayer, Worship, Duty
Pilgrimage, Faith, Trip
Mosque, Worship, Prayer
Prejudice, Fear, Conversation
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)