Large bundle of History Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Legacy of WWII. This History unit contains 8 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this history bundle are:
Lesson 1 – Why was there a second world war.ppt
Lesson 2 – Was Dunkirk bloody marvellous.ppt
Lesson 3 – Why did Operation Sea Lion fail.ppt
Lesson 4 – Could Britain keep calm and carry on.ppt
Lesson 5 – How did the Blitz affect England.ppt
Lesson 6 – How did the government protect British people.ppt
Lesson 7 – How did Operation Overlord bring about an end to WWII.ppt
Lesson 8 – How did WWII end.ppt
The history learning outcomes are:
- Investigate the inevitability of WWII
- Explore the effectiveness of Operation Dynamo
- Why was the Battle of Britain so crucial for either side to win?
- The Blitz: Could London take it?
- Explain how Britain dealt with the Blitz.
- Explore the guidelines enforced by the British government surrounding evacuation
- Explain why D-Day was a success for the Allies
- What was the most significant reason that Germany lost the war?
The history key terms covered include but are not limited to:
Declaration, War, Reaction
Strategy, Dunkirk, Rescue
Morale, Propaganda, Failure
Civilian, Blitz, Morale
Censorship, Suppression, Spies
Fortify, Defences, D-day