Life Skills Problem Based Maths Tasks. This pack contains 6 tasks to help develop problem solving and also challenge misconceptions. Very little numeracy skills are needed to perfect for start of term team building. Can be used as a booklet or print A3 for a great carousel in the first few weeks of term. Suggested answers are now included!
• Odd One out – there is more than one right answer which some learners find difficult to accept.
• Spot the mistake – 5 problems with mistakes, includes writing money on a calculator, changing units, square M, rounding errors.
• Plan the book club – again can be more than one correct answer, encourages discussion, systematic planning and importance of explaining your answer
• Business cards – reading from a table and interpreting questions
• Water meter – making reasonable assumptions, extracting information
• Hair appointment – working with time, planning answers, drawing time lines
This Functional Math Resource was not created by Cre8tive Resources but created in partnership with ‘Let’s Get Functional Skills Maths” – An incredibly experienced functional skills and GCSE maths teacher!
What files do you receive?
☞ Student Work booklet 8 pages
☞ Teacher Answers
What are Functional Skills in Mathematics?
Functional Skills Maths is a series of maths courses and qualifications that offer an alternative to GCSE Maths and there are 5 levels with Level 2 being GCSE Equivalent . Functional Maths skills help you to develop maths skills needed for work and day-to-day life.
Benefits of using Functional Maths Skills Resources:
☞ Save plenty of time by having a bank of resources you can pull out for students or adult learners to use
☞ Feel free to adapt, amend and alter to suit your learners
☞ Made by an expert in the field
☞ Students or adult learners can engage with functional maths
☞ Answers and working out for some of the tasks / Questions – Check Description
☞ Detailed Practice Questions and scenarios for student or adult learners to try
- Apply for a job that requires GCSE Maths pass grade
- Access higher education
- Enrol on an apprenticeship
- To start careers in nursing and teaching
- To go to University
- Improve your skills and confidence with day-to-day maths tasks
- Help your children with their maths homework
✿ We aim to help you equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their own learning. Our Products come ‘Ready-to-Teach’ with everything you need to teach fun and creative lessons. Our products are teacher-designed, classroom tested & student approved.
Check out our full library of Cre8tive Resources – Cre8tive Maths resources by EXPLORING HERE
Functional Maths Math Skills Work Booklet Resource Answers Functional Skills in Mathematics