Large bundle of History Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Living under Nazi Rule. This History unit contains 22 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this history bundle are:
Lesson 1 – Hitler’s Early Life.ppt
Lesson 2 – Hitler and the Nazi Party.ppt
Lesson 3 – The Reichstag Fire.ppt
Lesson 4 – Gleichshaltung.ppt
Lesson 5 – The Night of the Long Knives.ppt
Lesson 6 – Total Power.ppt
Lesson 7 & 8 – Machinery of Terror.ppt
Lesson 9 – The Propaganda Machine.ppt
Lesson 10 – Opposition to Nazi Rule.ppt
Lesson 11 – Women and the Home.ppt
Lesson 12 – Children in Nazi Germany.ppt
Lesson 13 – Hitlers Workers.ppt
Lesson 14 – Antisemitism.ppt
Lesson 15 – Germany in War.ppt
Lesson 16 – Wartime Opposition.ppt
Lesson 17 – Total War.ppt
Lesson 18 – End of the Third Reich.ppt
Lesson 19 – Nazi Occupation Poland East.ppt
Lesson 20 – Nazi Occupation Netherlands West.ppt
Lesson 21 – The Holocaust.ppt
Lesson 22 – The Final Solution Auschwitz Video.pptx
Lesson 22 – The Final Solution Auschwitz.ppt
The history learning outcomes are:
- To understand and give reasons for the way that Hitler’s early life shaped him into the 1933 dictator.
- To understand and give reasons for how the Nazi party rose so rapidly to power from 1933-1939.
- To understand and explain the changes that took place in people’s lives between 1933-1939.
- To investigate what it might have been like to live in Germany under Hitler’s rule so that I can evaluate how it affected people.
- To investigate what opposition there was during wartime so that I am able to evaluate the impact of the actions.
- To investigate the change to Total War in Germany from 1943 so that I can evaluate how it impacted upon German citizens.
- To investigate what happened to make the Germans surrender and to evaluate the impact that it had.
- To investigate what it was like for the countries who had been occupied by the Nazis during WWII so that I can compare treatment in the East & West.
- To investigate what happened in the Holocaust so that I am able to explain the impact it had on Germany and the wider world.
The history key terms covered include but are not limited to:
Adolf Hitler Munich Putsch Influences
NSDAP Reichstag ideology
Reichstag Van der Lubbe Communist
Civil Service Boycott Dachau
Ernst Rohm Sturmabteilung Franz von Papen
Charisma Hindenburg Fuhrer
Himmler Heydrich The SD
Charisma Hindenburg Fuhrer
Communists Resistance Niemoller
Nazi Reich Aryan Hitler Youth
Volkswagen DAF Reich Labour Service
Ubermenschen Untermenschen Kristallnacht
War economy Invasion civilian
Assassination Criticism Passive resistance
Goebbels Mobilise Air raids Volkssturm
Dresden Surrender Soviet Third Reich
Occupation Poland Netherlands Resistance
Ghettos Persecution Einsatzgruppen Death camps
Auschwitz Zyklon B Death Marches Sonderkommando