Next steps Careers KS4 Unit – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x Skills and Qualities Quiz
1 x Maths Careers Posters
1 x Business Escape Room
- Smashing the Glass ceiling (not having low expectations)
- Discrimination in the Workplace (Different Types)
- Preparing for Work Experience
- Making the most a Careers Interview in School
- Racism and Statues in Britain
- What is a recession how can I impact the economy
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
Understand what the glass ceiling is Understand how people can smash the glass ceiling Understand how I can maintain high aspirations in the face of challenge
Understand what discrimination is Understand the different types of workplace discrimination Understand where I can go for help
To understand what work experience is and why we need to prepare. To consider what the expectations will be. To understand the difference between work etiquette and working practice.
To understand what a careers interview is. To consider how you can prepare for your careers interview. To assess where you are now and where you’d like to be in the future.
Understand a brief history of colonisation Understand the link between statues and racism Understand what the future of statues in Britain could be
To understand what a recession is. To consider the economic impact a recession can have. To discuss how recession can be prevented.
To understand what Crypto Currencies are. To consider the opportunity Crypto Currencies provide. The consider the potential risks Crypto Currencies pose.