A fun and interactive Powerpoint resource exploring a range of careers in the Public Services sector through contextualised challenges that connect the learning to the world of work. The resource includes:
- Introductory information about the sector
- 3 x Knowledge challenges (relating to Maths, English and Science)
- 3 x Skills challenges
- 3 x Experience challenges
- 3 x Boss Level challenges (a bonus themed journey)
- Opening and closing discussion prompts
Also includes new printable ‘Quick Blast’ worksheet for a shorter activity
The learning outcomes for this resource include:
- develops an understanding of the range of jobs that are available within the sector in focus
- connects learning to life and demonstrates the real world application of core curriculum topics
- helps students to decide whether the sector in aligned to their skills and interests
The activity is designed to last 45-60 minutes and the content is primarily written for students in Key Stage 3. The challenges can be completed by students either independently or working in teams.
The resource is fully editable in Powerpoint format so you can tailor the challenges to the specific needs of your pupils.
See the Resource Instructions for further information about using the resource.
More about Panjango and Cre8tive Resources …
working in partnership we want to offer young people a unique and engaging way of exploring the world of work and understanding how their knowledge can be applied in life after school.
If you like these resources, you can subscribe to our Careers Resource Bank to access hundreds of different lessons, interactive resources and digital games – including a complete career learning Scheme of Work.
We also now offer printed Careers based card games and board games, A2 Classroom Posters and more – Explore our full range by clicking here