Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Religion and Conflict. This RE unit contains 6 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. Is Peace Possible
2. What do Muslims Believe about War
3. What do Christians Believe about War
4. Can War Ever Be Just
5. Was Hiroshima a Just War
6. Is Non-Violent Protest Effective
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To be able to explain the causes for conflict. To understand religious teachings about peace, conflict and war and apply this knowledge to exam questions.
- To understand Christian teachings about peace, conflict and war and apply this knowledge to exam questions. To understand the term ‘Just War’ and to know the principles a Just War.
- To use the skills of reasoning and empathy to reflect on the Hiroshima bomb SO THAT we can consider the if Hiroshima meets the Just War Principles.
- To explore arguments for and against using violence for justice. To understand the differences between MLK and Malcom X and their fight for civil rights and to use this case study to evaluate the effectiveness of non-violent protest.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Conflict, Interfaith, Just War
Hiroshima, Ethics, Bomb
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)