Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Religion and Society. This RE unit contains 4 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. Why Believe in Religion
2. What is Islamophobia
3. Do We Live in a Respectful Society
4. Does Religion Cause Wars
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To investigate why some people believe in religion and evaluate the impact religion has on society. To examine how the media influences people’s opinions about religion.
- To investigate how the media portrays Islam, and reflect on the impact that this has on Islamophobia. To understand the idea of Islamophobia and consider how prejudice can be reduced.
- To explore to what extent Britain is a respectful society, using Islamophobia as an example. To understand the difficulties in defining what it actually means to be ‘British’. To be able to explain benefits and issues of living in a multi-cultural society and how to overcome the problems.
- To understand the complexity of war and the different causes. To evaluate and reflect on own ideas about whether religion is a cause for war, using case studies throughout history as evidence.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Islamaphobia, Hate, Effect
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)