Cre8tive Careers New Unit – Responsibilities and me
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x Pupil Voice Assembly
1 x Healthy Lifestyles Quiz
1 x Health & Wellbeing Escape room
* Importance of Education
* Importance of investing in yourself
* Recycling in the home and at school
* Safety on the Streets 12 – 16
* Water, Rail + Fire Safety
* What is the climate emergency (Links with Greta and David Attenborough)
* How the world/ business/ schools/you can enhance climate resilience and enhance biodiversity.
**Each Lesson Pack Contains:**
* 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
* Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
* Homework Activity
* Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
* Teacher Notes (On some slides)
* Focus on literacy
* 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
Understand the fundamental right to education Understand what options education gives me Identify alternatives to a traditional education route
Understand ways to invest in myself financially Understand ways to invest in myself to benefit my health and wellbeing Understand ways to invest in myself for my future career
Understand what and how to recycle as an individual Understand how schools can recycle Identify ways to recycle more as an individual and as a school
To understand the dangers when you start going out alone. To consider how you can keep yourself stay. To know how you can seek support.
Understand how to stay safe when near water Understand fire safety in the home Understand rail safety rules
To understand what we mean by climate emergency. To recognise the importance of making positive change. To form an opinion on this topic and be able to discuss this.
“I understand why climate resilience and biodiversity is important for the world. I can consider what businesses can do to support this. I understand what my school and I can do to support this.”