Sexualisation of the media and its impact on societal views of body image – PSHE.This lesson will explore a range of case studies including Love Island with KS4 students. PSHE Relationships Education. PSHE (RSE) Lesson Pack. RSE Editable PowerPoint, Lesson Assessment, Student Resources, Signposting to extra support services. Bonus Mindfulness Activity and much more.
To explore the impact sexualisation of the media is having on teenagers
To identify the links between body image and the medias influence on it
To evaluate whether shows like Love island teach viewers about morals and ethics
Some Key Terms Covered
Social media influencers, Sexualisation, Advertising Standards Agency, Mental Health, Body Image
PSHE Confidence (Assessment) Objectives
I can describe the impact sexualization of the media is having on society
I know what a positive or healthy body image is
I can explain why comparing myself to those I see in the media can damage my mental health and self-esteem
Positive Sexual Health underpins this lesson.
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Mini-Quiz about Love island language
- Mindfulness Extension Activities
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Mapped against Latest DfE Guidance, PSHE Association Core themes, and 2020 Requirements
The Cre8tive Curriculum way!
Our shared vision at Cre8tive Curriculum is to help teachers to equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their own learning and become independent critical thinkers. Products come ‘Ready-to-Teach’ with everything you need for educational, fun and creative lessons.
Be Ofsted and DfE PSHE 2020 ready with our resources! Product Code: RSE/C8/LS/121