Skills, Risk and Ethics – Seeing the Bigger picture Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x Fast Fashion Assembly
1 x STEM Careers Quiz
1 x Health & Wellbeing Escape room
- A day in the Life of Lesson (Students do an activity to research and simulate a day in)
- What are employability Skills? Why do I need them?
- Why do business want to make a profit
- What is Fast Fashion
- Managing Pocket Money + Importance of Budgeting
- Making Decisions and Risk
- Identity Theft and common Scams
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
To understand what different job roles require on a day to day basis. To consider what is important to you within a working day. To understand that different roles will provide you with a different working day.
To understand the difference between “hard” and “soft” employability skills, considering how these may be transferred between different jobs. To consider the other factors that are important to being employable.
To explore the different types of motivators for a business. To understand why businesses NEED to make a profit. To understand why businesses WANT to make a profit.
To understand what Fast Fashion is. To understand how Fast Fashion impacts society and the environment. Consider what changes we can make to improve the impact of Fast Fashion.
To understand how you can save and spend your pocket money. To consider why it is good to have savings. To understand what a budget is, and how sticking to a budget can help in the future.
To understand what risk is. Think about how we weigh up risk when we make a decision. To understand what other considerations there are to think about when making a decision.
To understand what identity theft is. To be able to explain the actions we can take to prevent identity theft. To consider what other scams people can fall vulnerable to.