Large bundle of History Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic The Great War. This History unit contains 9 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this history bundle are:
Lesson 1 – What caused the Great War.ppt
Lesson 2 – How did the death of one man lead to Europe at war.ppt
Lesson 3 – How were men recruited to fight for England.ppt
Lesson 4 – Why did we fight in trenches.ppt
Lesson 5 – What was the impact of weapons used in WWI.ppt
Lesson 6 – Why were the casualties so bad during the Battle of the Somme.ppt
Lesson 7 – How did the Great War come to an end.ppt
Lesson 8 – How did the Great War change the lives of women.ppt
Lesson 9 – What was the impact of the Great War on Europe.ppt
The history learning outcomes are:
- Which was the most significant long-term cause of the Great War?
- Explain why the Great War Began
- How did England recruit men to its army
- What was the worst thing about living in the trenches?
- What can we learn about the impact that artillery had on soldiers?
- Did Haig Butcher or bungle the battle of the Somme?
- To gain an understanding of how the Great War came to an end
- Explain how women in Britain became enfranchised
- How did the Great War impact the European political sphere
The history key terms covered include but are not limited to:
Nationalism, Pride, Cause
Assassination, Apprehend, Catalyst
Squalor, Rats, Disease
Vital, Weapons, Treatment
Bungle, Responsibility, Battle of the Somme
Commemorate, Remembrance, Casualties
Enfranchise, Suffragette, Rebellion
Vengeance, Punishment, Retribution