The World Around Me – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x Equality and Diversity Quiz
1 x PSHE & Citizenship Careers Posters
1 x Significant individuals Escape Room
- Gender Pay gap in the UK
- Cop 26 Summit – what was is all about
- Recycling in Society by Businesses
- Young Entrerepreneurs from around the world
- Critical Media Literacy & Fake News
- UN sustainable Development Goals
- Post Brexit Britain – Impact and changes on the UK
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
Understand what gender pay gap means Understand the factors which contribute to the gender pay gap Understand my rights for equal pay
To understand the importance of COP 26. To consider what might be discussed and why it is helpful. To think about what impact the decisions made at COP 26 have on the public.
Understand business recycling laws Understand how businesses can be more ethical Understand how positive business behaviour benefits society
To understand what a young entrepreneur is. To consider why someone might want to start their own business. To understand the difference between working for an employer and for yourself.
To understand what Media Literacy is, particularly Critical Media Literacy. To understand and be able to identify fake news. To be able to evaluate a media source.
To understand what we mean by a “sustainable development goal”. To understand what makes a goal sustainable and Unsustainable. To think about what progress has been made.
To understand what Brexit is. To consider the impact and changes Brexit has had on the UK. To consider why this matters to you.
Be Ofsted and DfE PSHE 2020 ready with our resources! Product Code: C8/NEW/CA/FI