University Planning and Post 18 Education – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 5 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
5 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x How to write an email (Email etiquette) Assembly
1 x Post 16 Uni and Careers Quiz
1 x Being thankful Assembly
- UCAS Process + Top Tips for applying
- Student Finance explained + Helplines and Support
- Understanding Rental Contracts / student housing
- First week of University – What to expect.
- Budgeting at Uni – Interactive lesson
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
To understand each step of the UCAS process. To consider what they key deadlines are for each step. To understand how you can prepare for each step.
To understand the difference between a maintenance loan and tuition loan. To consider any financial concerns you have in relation to university. To understand the student finance application process.
Know what a rental contract is Understand the benefits of a range of accommodation options Explain student housing to others
To understand what should be expected in the first week of university. To consider how I can prepare for my first week. To consider any risks and how I can overcome these.
To understand why budgeting is important. To be able to create a budget. To consider what you can to do make your money last.