Large bundle of History Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Weimar and Nazi Germany. This History unit contains 21 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this history bundle are:
Lesson 1 Germany Big Picture.ppt
Lesson 2 Why was there a Weimar Republic.ppt
Lesson 3 Treaty of Versailles.ppt
Lesson 4 Challenges to the Republic.ppt
Lesson 5&6 Challenges of 1923 Assessment.ppt
Lesson 7 Economic Recovery.ppt
Lesson 8 Recovery Assessment.ppt
Lesson 9 Early Growth of the Nazi Party.ppt
Lesson 10 Munich Putsch.ppt
Lesson 11 Growing Support.ppt
Lesson 12 Political Changes.ppt
Lesson 13 – The Reichstag Fire.ppt
Lesson 14 – The Night of the Long Knives.ppt
Lesson 15 – Police State Assessment.ppt
Lesson 16 – Nazi Control.ppt
Lesson 17 – Opposition.ppt
Lesson 18 – Women and Children.ppt
Lesson 19 – Ordinary People.pptx
Lesson 20 – Racial Policy.pptx
Lesson 21 – Antisemitism.pptx
The history learning outcomes are:
- To create a completed timeline of the key events which happened in Germany from 1918-1939.
- Did the Weimar Republic solve Germany’s problems?
- What problems did the Treaty of Versailles cause Germany?
- What was the biggest threat to the Weimar Republic?
- Investigate the consequences of the Treaty of Versailles on Germany’s economy
- Investigate Germany’s recovery 1924-1929
- Investigate the tools Stresemann used to fast-track Germany’s financial recovery
- Explain why Hitler carried out the Munich Putsch
- Explore the factors leading up to the Munich Putsch
- Investigate the mass unemployment in Germany in the early 1930s
- Explain why there was increased support for the Nazis in the years 1929-32
- Explain how the Reichstag Fire enabled Hitler to consolidate power in Germany
- Explore how discontent in the SA lead to the night of the long knives
- Explain how Hitler consolidated Nazi control of Germany
- Compare and contrast the methods used to control the German public
- Explore how different groups attempted to oppose Nazi rule
- How did the treatment and roles of women and children change under Nazi rule
- How did the lives of ordinary people change under Nazi rule
- Explore the racial policy of Germany under the Nazis
- To explain the changes to Jewish people’s lives between 1933-39.
The history key terms covered include but are not limited to:
Pact, Peace, Allyship
Imminent, Starvation, Defeat
Pariah, Punishment, Reparations
Sabotage, Industrial, Occupation
Flourish, Thrive, Economy
Recovery, Golden Age, Loans
Prostrate, Grief, Origin
Coup, Power, Violence
Plight, Wall Street Crash, Hyperinflation
Charisma, Manipulation, Political power
Scapegoat, Communists, Reichstag Fire
Police State, Enabling Act, Control
Control, Fear, Propaganda
Rebellion, Hitler Youth, Church
Roles, Brainwashing, Restriction
Indoctrination, Public, Mentality
Conspiracy, Antisemitism, Sabotage
Boycott, Financial Sabotage
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides.
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
Try something different this Christmas with our innovative resources and activities.
These History lessons have been designed by out History Specialist.