Large bundle of RE Powerpoint Lessons all about the topic Who Am I?. This RE unit contains 7 one hour lessons with associated activities.
The lesson packs included in this RE bundle are:
1. What is an Identity
2. Who am I
3. Is who I am always the same
4. Do we have multiple identities
5. Who am I becoming
6. How does being religious influence who you are
7. Do we have a soul?
The RE learning outcomes are:
- To be able to understand the terms ‘identity and ‘diversity’. To explore what your own identity is and to evaluate what makes you who you are. To understand the diversity of identities in the local, global community and to be able to explain the benefits and issues that may be caused because of this.
- To reflect on the questions ‘who am I?’ and ‘who am I becoming?’ To be able to explain that identity changes and depends on many factors and influences. To be able to reflect on the fact you have multiple identities.
- To consider who I am in relation to those around me. To reflect on if I am always the same and how those people around me influence who I am.
- To explore what influences our behaviour and how things outside of ourselves impact who we are. To explore how religious belief may influence a believer’s identity and how belief that God knows everything may impact a person.
- To explore ideas about the question ‘who am I becoming?’ I can evaluate my own opinion about if we should be judged by our actions and to what extent our actions influence who we are. I can reflect on the question ‘who am I becoming’ and think about the future and how my identity may change during this time. .
- To explore what it means to be a Christian, Humanist or a Muslim in Britain today and understand how people’s beliefs influence their decisions and actions.
- To explore the concept of the soul, to understand why some people believe that the soul exists and why some people don’t.
Some associated keywords for this bundle are:
Human, Nature, Identity
Changing, Different, Unique
Simple, Multiple, Identity, Influences
Influence, Belief, Commitment
Soul, Existence, Belief
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Variety of Tasks, Embedded URL Clips, Editable Quality PPT Slides).
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Activities, Videos and/or Worksheets (Some lessons)