Wider Life Skills Explored – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x How has Covid Changed the World Assembly
1 x Citizenship Careers Posters (Set of 8)
1 x Women in Stem Escape Quiz
* What are GCSEs
* What is Labour Market Information
* Volunteering and Social Acton
* Methods of Investing Money
* Importance of national employment Trends (Look at past 10 Years)
* The importance of vision and motivation for success
* Challenging yourself and learning new skills
**Each Lesson Pack Contains:**
* 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
* Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
* Homework Activity
* Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
* Teacher Notes (On some slides)
* Focus on literacy
* 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
To understand the levels of the education system in the UK, focusing on GSCEs. Students will be introduced to the importance of GCSEs, how they help to shape their future and what things can be done to prepare for the future
To understand what Labour Market Information is To understand how Labour Market Information can be used to help us understand what careers are needed now and in the future.
To understand what volunteering is and why people do it. To understand what social action is and why it matters. To understand the link between volunteering and social action.
To understand why people choose to invest their money. To explore the spend/save/invest methodology. To explore the different ways people invest their money.
To understand the history of National Employment Trends. To understand the current employment landscape. To understand how things might progress in the future.
To consider what it means to have a vision and stay motivated. To think about what success looks like to different people. To think about what success looks like for me.
To understand what comfort zones are. To know what it means to go beyond your comfort zone, and the benefits of this. To consider how you could challenge yourself