World of Work Explored – Cre8tive Careers New Unit
This is a 7 lesson Careers / PSHE unit for secondary schools. These New lessons are mapped to both the new CDI framework and the skills builder framework. Every lesson comes with Homework opportunities and will help support your school in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4.
7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
1 x How has Covid Changed the World Assembly
1 x Stem Careers Posters (Set of 8)
1 x Self Esteem Card Sort
1 x Careers in Film Escape room
- Exploring Vocational Qualifications
- Understanding Credit Scores
- Confidentiality in the Workplace (Can include also whistle blowing)
- Importance of Networking + LinkedIN
- entrepreneurialism and self-employment (as a career option)
- Organisation and effective time management
- Future Jobs and a changing Workforce
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
- 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support careers Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
- Student Worksheet(s) are included with some lessons
- Homework Activity
- Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
- Teacher Notes (On some slides)
- Focus on literacy
- 1 Hours worth of activities – including timings for every activity
**Learning Outcomes for the unit **
To understand what a vocational qualification is. To understand what types of vocational qualifications exist in the UK. To understand who a vocational qualification may suit.
To be able to explain what a credit score is. To understand what can impact your credit score. To understand the importance of having a good credit score.
To understand what we mean by confidentiality in the workplace. To be able to explain what it means to keep information confidential. How to distinguish what information should be kept confidential.
To understand what networking is, both online and offline. To consider why it is good to have a large network. To think about how we can use our networks in our future careers.
To understand how your hobbies and interests could be turned into an income source. To discuss the pros and cons of being self employed. To consider which option may be best for you
To consider why deadlines are important. To understand how I can manage my working time. I can put organisation and time prioritisation skills into practice.
To think about what challenges we are facing and what jobs we will need.