Employment Sectors and Careers – Ks3 Careers Unit
This premium professionally designed Careers Unit has been created for the new Cre8tive Curriculum Exploring Careers education offer. ( Elements matched to the PSHE Association, Citizenship NC, CDI framework and Gatsby Benchmark 4)
This Employment Sectors and Careers Unit unit could be taught as a serious of 1 Hour+ Lessons or during tutor time over a term as part of your schools personal development offer.
Contents = 1 Careers Unit
- 7 Lesson Packs (See below for Contents)
- 7 Mindfulness Extension activities
- 1 x Student Work Booklet
- 1 x Student Assessment for the Unit
- 1 x Quiz – Teams
- 1 x Mapping Document (For Ofsted + HOD’s)
|Careers in the Private Sector|
|Careers in the Public Sector|
|Careers in Leisure & Tourism|
|Careers in Cyber Security & Computing|
|Careers in Law|
|Careers in STEM|
Each Lesson Pack Contains:
• 1 Fully Editable PowerPoint (Learning Outcomes, Confidence Checkers, Assessment of Learning, Variety of Tasks, Video Embedded URL Clips, Engaging Premium Quality Slides, Extra Support Websites, Challenging & Thoughtful Questioning)
• Student Activities
• Mindfulness Extension Activities
• Assessment Opportunity (Confidence Checker)
• Teacher Notes (On some slides)
• Mapped against Latest DfE Guidance, PSHE Association Core themes and Requirements and the Gatsby Benchmarks in Careers Education
Sample Learning outcomes for this unit include:
To understand the roles in school that support workplace preparation. To consider why we take part in different events and inputs. To be able to understand how skills translate from school to the workplace.
To be able to define the private sector To explore the potential professions in the private sector. To explore different job roles contained within the private sector
To be able to define the public sector To explore the potential professions in the public sector. To explore different job roles contained within the public sector
To describe the leisure and tourism sector. To understand the different careers routes linked to leisure & tourism. To explore a wide variety of routes into the leisure & tourism industry.
To understand the variety of roles available within the cyber security / computing industry. To be able to explain the skills needed to work in the cyber security / computing industry. To consider why people want to work in the cyber security / computing industry.
To understand the variety of roles available within the legal industry. To be able to explain the skills needed to work in the legal industry. To consider why people want to work in the legal industry.
To know what STEM is To be able to list 5 STEM careers To consider what STEM careers you’re interested in
To view the full Careers Curriculum take a look here
Join our friendly [PSHE teachers Facebook] group, with 4000+ other teachers, for support, top tips and resource sharing.
Why not sign up to our [monthly newsletter] and access free resources and exclusive discounts