DIY SPEED NETWORKING KIT to enable secondary school careers departments to run effective and professional Speed Networking events without having to spend valuable time designing resources.
All you need to run a speed networking event is this kit and some volunteers! We even provide guidance for how to recruit your volunteers. By running a Speed Networking event in your school, you can work towards achieving Gatsby Benchmark 5
DIY Speed Networking Kit Summary
The DIY SPEED NETWORKING KIT contains the following:
- Editable check list
- Volunteer recruitment guidance
- Template emails for volunteer recruitment
- A volunteer briefing video to be sent out before the event
- A tutor time briefing video for students on the day of the event
- A printable tutor time worksheet for students to complete on the day of the event.
- A video to introduce the event when volunteers and students are in the room you are using.
- Printable table numbers (1-50) to make running the event as easy as possible.
- A 5 minute timer video to be displayed on the board.
- A printable student booklet for students to use during the networking event.
- Printable certificates to be completed and handed to students after the event.
- Printable student Evaluation Forms to be completed by students after the event.
- Printable volunteer Evaluation Forms to be completed by volunteers at the end of the event.
- Social Media templates for posts after the event.
Also included is a 1 hour student communication workshop.
(This workshop is designed to help students to see the importance of effective communication skills in the context of the working world. The lesson is designed to be delivered over the course of one hour with videos introducing the activities. Activities involved in this include listening in to a mock police call and trying to listen effectively, a practical drawing task working in pairs and a structured debating activity.)
The learning objectives for this workshop are:
- For students to understand the meaning of communication.
- For students to understand the relevance of communication in the context of the world of work.
- For students to consider their communication skills.
- For students to learn about communication skills in a fun, practical and enjoyable way.
The lesson comes with a printable and editable student booklet, a lesson plan with teaching notes and slides with embedded videos meaning this lesson could be delivered without any preparation.
The student booklet is fully editable, allowing you to adapt all parts including the evaluative element at the end of the session.)
Licence to use this resource as many times as you like year after year! (Same establishment/school only)
How do I know this DIY kit is right for my school?
We do hope that our resources will save you lots of hours in preparation and planning time.
But of course, don’t just take our word for it… please read the reviews left by other schools, careers leaders, and teachers who have used our resources
We are also more than happy to send you sample planning materials (We now work with over 800+ schools across the UK).
What do teachers and Careers leaders say about our enterprise Days?
“Thank you to MYPATH careers for their Enterprise Day. 4 year groups involved. Teachers and students loved it. One teacher said ‘I KNOW I can be very critical, but this was a well planned and easy to deliver careers event … more of these please”
“I tentatively went round to see how groups were getting on! It was a hit!! So relieved and the students had a great day too!”
“Our students loved the Tyre Challenge day. Really easy to facilitate. Don’t need loads of resources. Students loved the team working and problem solving and definitely built confidence with the presenting”
Which payment methods do you accept?
- School purchase orders (simply email your purchase order to: email@example.com so we can generate the necessary forms for your Finance team)
- Cheques – Make payable to Cre8tive Resources CIC
- Debit, credit or Paypal payments via this website page!
Please download the information you need to complete a school purchase order below
For any queries or bespoke requirements, feel free to drop us an email or call us on +447591810146 and we will be more than happy to talk to you.
How do I receive my resources?
- Once you have paid you will be provided with a direct download link or you can request for the files to be emailed to you.
- Finance – At checkout in the notes section please leave the TEACHER EMAIL ADDRESS for delivery
Why should I buy this resource?
- Save money – The price of having external organisations in to school can be huge. This drop down day is available for just £125+ VAT
- Use the resource, time and time again – As you are purchasing the resource, you can use this moving forward as many times as you want!
- Can be led by non-careers specialist staff – As all activities are introduced by video, you can use non careers specialists to deliver the day!
- Save time planning – Everything is ready to go, simply download the files, print the booklets, distribute to staff alongside the slideshow of videos and hit play.
- Support the MYPATH careers channel – Many schools, colleges and training providers are accessing the MYPATH YouTube channel weekly, this includes free videos such as Job Of The Week, The Why Bother? BM4 resource and more. By purchasing this resource, you are contributing to this resource!
- Engage Students – Lots of students thrive in enterprise day settings, give your students the chance to shine.
- Evaluate your activity – included in this resource is a handy evaluations sheet that can be printed and given to students. Ensure you are evaluating the day and contributing to BM1!
- We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. We re-invest our profits in supporting SEMH, PRU’s, NQT’s and continually expanding our product range.
- The CEO of Cre8tive Resources is a leading PSHE, Careers and Citizenship Teacherpreneur with over 10 years’ of experience in the classroom, and a proven track record outside the classroom
This product will only be allowed to be used by yourself and teachers within your school and under no circumstances should be shared/ copied to others and should not be uploaded to any public shared drives or Facebook Groups.